Preschool Age Program
3-4 Year Old Preschool
Our preschool program is designed for our 3 & 4 year old classes. At these ages they
are very inquisitive about everything and seem to have limitless amounts of energy. We have
designed our preschool program to use that energy in your child’s learning, while still supporting and encouraging their independence. We believe the kind of learning foundation that is laid in the preschool years is vital to how they will progress in the years to come. The daily schedule for these classes is usually a little more structured, yet still allows essential time for “free play”and lots of interaction with peers.
We provide fun but meaningful learning experiences for children
that support the development of their:
- Social & Understanding Skills - We create an atmosphere in which children are expected to be kind and supportive of one another, provide opportunities for them to practice cooperation with others& problem solving.
- Language & Literacy Skills - We provide a variety of books for them to read out loud and together, provide puppets and other props that encourage speech thru dramatic play & provide materials for writing.
- Exploration & Discovery - We create an environment that provides opportunities for active exploration and sensory learning.
- Creativity & Self-expression - Teachers keep many art supplies available and within reach at all times. This lets the children be creative whenever they feel the need and encourage open-ended art projects.
- Fine & Gross Motor Skill - Provide play materials for fine motor skills such as puzzles, peg boards, beads for stringing, lacing cards and construction sets. We also provide opportunities to help develop their gross motor skills by giving opportunities that involve running, jumping, dancing, balancing, climbing and other activities they can move freely while doing them.
- Self-Help Skills & Decision Making Ability - Allow the children to make their own decisions and do things on their own like, feeding, serving, cleaning up after themselves, dressing themselves and toileting.